Preregistration for the Walk and for rides is now CLOSED. You can still come register in person tomorrow morning!
Please join us in promoting food justice and sustaining green spaces
in New London, at FRESH’s First Annual Garden Walk for Food Justice!
Para el formulario en español, vaya AQUI
Come raise money for FRESH, while visiting 5 lush local gardens!
Saturday, SEPTEMBER 17th
Registration: 9:30-11:30 Celebration: 11-1pm
Mercer Street Garden
$10 minimum suggested donation
How do you participate?
- Pledge to walk by filling out this pre-registration form. (now CLOSED)
- Ask your friends and family to support your walk by giving a donation.
Collect their donation and add their information to this form.
- Extra idea: create a team of your co-workers or friends and walk together!
- You don’t want to collect donations? That’s okay, come with your $10 donation and still participate!
- After you collect your pledges and the form is complete, bring it all with you on September 17th to the Mercer Street Garden, or you can fill it out and pay ahead of time online. (now CLOSED)
- Finally, you walk between our five most popular gardens, completing a 2 and 1/2 mile loop. And stick around for a celebration with music and pizza from our wood-fired oven!
At FRESH, we know that the relationship between food justice and racial justice is very real. Working together in our collective culture increases food access, community cohesion, self-esteem and green spaces across generations.
On September 17, 2022 at 9:30 AM, you will begin our event at the Mercer Street Community Garden, located on the corner of Mercer and Williams St. At that time of year, all five of our gardens will be overflowing with healthy vegetables, fruits, and flowers. We will walk a 2.5-mile circuit in New London to visit them all, viewing all the different ways FRESH grows food in our city. From snack beds to the large urban farm, walkers will see innovative urban farming techniques, get to sample seasonal crops, and learn more about each incredibly unique, reclaimed space.
At the end of the walk, there will be pizza from our outdoor woodfire oven, plants and merchandise for sale, music, and festivities.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Giant Pumpkin (Main Sponsor: $5000)
Pumpkins ($1,000 or more)
- Bank of America
- Connecticut Sun & Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield
- Fiddleheads Food Co-op
- Health Improvement Collaborative of Southeastern Connecticut
- The Nature Conservancy, Connecticut Chapter
- Sift Bake Shop (via their wine dinner fundraiser)
- Ace Hardware
- Cottage St. Apartments
- Cross Sound Ferry Services
- Gager Law Firm
- Gourmet Galley
- Ring End , Inc
- Temple Emanu-El
- All Souls UU Church
- Amy Gottesdiener
- Attorney Bart Sayet
- Dermatology Associates of SE CT
- Dr. Gwenn Rosenberg, ND: drgwennrosenberg.com
- The Reardon Law Firm
- RD 86 Space
- Robert Hayford
- Rogovin Moving and Storage
- Secor Auto Group
- Sheila T’s Tailoring, Tutoring, and Tarts
- The Telegraph
- Tracee Reiser
- Adventure Mystic
- Alma Nartatez
- Bayou BBQ and Grill
- Connecticut College Arboretum
- CorePlus Credit Union
- Dean and Laurie Festa
- Diana Blair
- Eastern Shore Chiropractic Center, LLC
- Flavours of Life
- Hot on Bank
- James Blair
- MJ Sullivan Automotive Group
- Mystic Books (Title IX)
- Nicolo Festa
- Rotary Club of New London
- Sharon Maynard
- Studio 33
- Supreme Pizza
Want to be a sponsor?
To learn about the levels of sponsorship, please click HERE
To become a sponsor, please fill out this form before August 15th to secure your ad space in our walker booklet.
Send your sponsorship fund via check to
PO Box 285, New London, CT or click HERE to pay online today.